Saturday 23 April 2016

Recipe Post 2016 N0.13- Delicious, Summery Victoria Sponge Sandwich!

Hiya guys! How have you all been since my last post? Did you like my last post? Let me know in the comments! I honestly cannot believe it's been a week and it's April 23rd (Shakespeare's birthday)- it feels like a month. One month is Spring then the next is Summer. The transitions are both fast and slow.

This week's recipe was a first INDEPENDENT try for me which tasted lovely,meaning a large majority of you can do it independently-it's quite a simple,summery recipe that is in honour for Shakespeare's birthday as well as the Queen of England's 90th AND also the birthday of Summer. The first day of Summer for me is the 1st of May. This day normally has amazing summer weather. But who to say, England is known for unexpected weather!

For this recipe, you'll need:
175 g (6oz) unsalted butter at room temperature, plus extra to grease
175 g (6oz) golden caster sugar
3 medium eggs
175 g (6oz) self-raising flour, sifted
3-4 tbsp jam
A little icing sugar to dust

Equipment
Wooden spoon
Large metal spoon
Mixing Bowl
Two 18cm (7in) sandwich tins
Palette knife   



Method:

Grease and line the base of two 18cm (7in) sandwich tins. Once that's done, at 190c/170c Fan Oven/Gas Mark 5,pre-heat your oven.

In a mixing bowl,beat together the butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes,until pale and fluffy.





Add the eggs one at a time,beating well after each addition then folding in flour using a large metal spoon until combined.

Divide the mix between the tins evenly and leveling the surface with a palette knife. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25mins or until the cakes are well risen and spring back when you press lightly in the centre(I checked on my cakes every 10-15 minutes,poking a blunt knife into the centre of the cake).



Loosen the edges with a palette knife and leave in tins to cool for approximately 5 mins. Turn out,removing the lining paper

and leave to cool entirely on a wire/ cooling rack. Sandwich the cakes together with the signature ingredient- a jam of your choice(,homemade or shop-brought). Dust icing sugar over the cake and Volia! There you have it- my take on a Victoria Sponge Sandwich with the help of the Good Housekeeping Cookery Team and the Good Housekeeping Caking Decorating Book!
  

A few things before this post ends...

• Don't forget to comment, +1 or tag me as "#sweetreats"

• I have added another tip to my previous blog post titled "Baking Tips" if you want to check that out.
• Try out the recipe! See how well you get on with it. After all, there are many variations you can make to this recipe
• Hope you have a brilliant weekend!

#sweetreats xxx





  


2 comments:

  1. Great post! I have a suggestion: Blueberry Muffins please! I love blueberry muffins and I would like to see how you make them so...why not?

    BBB xxx😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surprisedly, I already planned to make blueberry muffins and publish a recipe post on them this week before you commented. You're in luck!😜

    #sweetreats xxxx

    ReplyDelete